Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's been awhile...and did I mention we're having a baby?

I guess I've been pretty bad at this blogging business...because we have BIG news that's not super new. :) We're adding to our family in August!!! :)




Right now, I'm about 22 1/2 weeks along (over 5 months for those who don't keep track of life in weeks...I know I didn't until a few months ago). We had an ultrasound last week during spring break and it was absolutely AMAZING to see our baby. We think the picture above is pretty funny because it's like baby Blue Steel...hand under the chin modeling. Either that, or pensive. Better yet, both. We saw the baby relaxing with his or her arms back behind the head (kind of like Patrick when he sleeps). It's amazing how much detail you can see on an ultrasound--the spine looked incredible and you can see all the little bones in the different limbs...wow!

We aren't finding out if we're having a boy or girl until the big arrival in August, so when we were in for the ultrasound the technician told us we might want to avert our eyes when she was taking pictures of the femur and other things in the area. So, I'm looking away, only to realize that Patrick and my mom (who was in town and got to share the experience!) were totally looking! Of course, if they were looking I was looking. :) We didn't see anything, not that we would have known what we were looking for anyway. I have seen pictures where they're labeled "boy parts" or  "girl parts" and even as a science nerd, I have NO idea how they know that. Anyway, our baby had his or her little legs crossed at the ankle (and kicking my bladder, we could see) so there wasn't much to see anyway. :)

Now that we actually have something exciting to blog about (besides funny stuff my kids at school say and draw), hopefully I can do a better job blogging and keeping everyone updated. Rest assured that come this fall I'll be sharing cute baby pics.




1 comment: