Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flashback: Announcing the baby news to Patrick's family

Patrick and I found out we were pregnant in early December, and quickly decided to wait until Christmas to share the great news with our families & friends. (I knew he wouldn't be tempted to tell, but I'm not so sure that he was convinced I could wait.) :) I did make it however, with the exception of telling my brother at the last possible moment so he could help share the news with my parents & grandparents. (That's another post--still waiting on pics.)


Once we knew about the baby, we decided to get a digital SLR camera as our joint Christmas gift to ourselves so we can use it to take pics of the baby. We alternate holidays with our families, and this year was our year to be up here with Patrick's family on Christmas day. We went over to his parents' house Christmas morning, new camera in tow. To share the news, we gathered the entire family for a group shot in front of the Christmas tree (which was small but adorable due to a major kitchen remodel and limited space). Under the guise of wanting to practice using the new camera, we were able to convince everyone to gather in front of the tree and let me stay behind the camera. Of course, everyone wanted a copy on their camera...so with the first couple of cameras, I used phrases like, "Say cheese," "Say pickles," and so on. When I got to our camera, I said, "Say Patrick & Andrea are having a baby!" and then started clicking away. The following pictures are the reactions I captured.










Obviously, they were excited. :) In the middle pictures, you'll see our nephew Alexander covering his ears because there was so much noise. 


~8 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment